• open panel

Archive for ‘Community’

Photo of the Day

12/14/11

Jerry Joseph was in town Saturday night at the Town Square Tavern presented by 307 Live. Joseph is touring the Rocky Mountain West on his way to his hometown of Portland, OR for a four night New Years Run.

Read More

Photo of the Day

12/13/11

“We have this ‘king of the mountain’ type of thing all over the place. The real king is the one who gets everybody to the top. That’s the real king; that’s the king I would like to be. If everyone else had the same atitude it would be a congenial place at the top of the mountain” – Bill Briggs

Read More

Winter Trail Maps+ Preview

We are excited to launch the latest update to Trail Maps+. Over a year in the making, our team has designed advanced Google Earth travel guides for skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and cross country touring in Jackson Hole.

Read More

Photo of the Day

12/11/11

The Wildlife Film Festival, Cougar Fund, and Wildlife Art Museum presents “American Cougar.” The documentary screening coincides with the premier of “Big Cat Week,” showing on Nat Geo.

Read More

Photo of the Day

12/10/11

Tram Jam stokes the weekend crowd at the base of the Bridger Gondola. Good tunes & sunshine filled the air at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.

Read More

Hundred Days: 005

12/07/11

We arrived at Togwotee Mountain Lodge not quite knowing what to expect. Everything I knew about dogsledding was limited to Jack London novels I read in elementary school. I pictured big, strong pure bred huskies resembling the UConn logo. Other than that, I was clueless.

Read More

Photo of the Day

12/05/11

The first Hootenany of the winter season kicked off tonight at Dornan’s in Moose. Members of the band Elk Attack, Bo Elledge & Dusty Nichols lit up the crowd on another frigid night in Jackson Hole.

Read More

Photo of the Day

Avalanche Awareness Night

The raffle prizes were piled high for the Avalanche Awareness Night at Snow King Resort. A crowd turned out for the annual event held by Skinny Skis in benefit of the Bridger-Teton Avalanche Center which featured speakers and companies focused on snow safety.

Read More

Photo of the Day

11/30/11

The Mangy Moose was packed and The Codi Jordan Band takes the stage for the Smith Optics and Skullcandy Locals Appreciation party.

Read More

Jackson Hole & Grand Targhee Opening Weekend

Opening day of 2011/2012 winter season at Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee are guaranteed to be a slope side celebration of the Teton mountain lifestyle.

Read More